Are you feeling sluggish or kind of off your game? Do you have skin issues, aches, pains or digestive problems? Can’t seem to lose weight? It might be time for a body detox.
Detoxification is about resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from the inside out. By removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
How does detoxification work?
Basically, detoxification means cleaning the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. However, when this system is compromised, impurities aren’t properly filtered and every cell in the body can be affected.
How do you know if you need to detoxify?
• Unexplained fatigue
• Sluggish elimination
• Irritated skin
• Low-grade infections
• Puffy eye or bags under the eyes
• Menstrual problems
• Mental confusion
Where do you start?
First, try eliminating alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process. Minimize using chemicals, which can lead to cancer and other disease, particularly in household cleaners and personal care products. Pay attention to ways to alleviate stress since stress hormones can create toxins.
Which detox program do I recommend?
I love plant based Purium 10 day Celebrity Cleanse. Still considered raw because of the unique processing, it is a phenomenal way to insure you are getting all your vitamins and minerals through real food nutrition. Use this link to receive $50 off www.mypurium.com/marialocatell
Top ways to help your body detox
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver with dandelion root, burdock, milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Consuming Vitamin C helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
4. Drink at least two quarts of water a day, more is better.
5. Breathe deeply allowing oxygen to circulate through your system.
6. Reduce stress by enjoying nature, practicing yoga and surrounding yourself with harmony.
7. Try an infrared sauna where the heat is absorbed by the surface of the skin vs. heating the whole body. Studies are showing better cleansing through sweating and even helping arthritis patients.
8. Dry brushing your skin removes toxins through your pores.
9. Most important way to detox? Exercise. Just moving with a 20 minute walk will do wonders both physically and mentally.